The Arlington Boulevard Community Development Organization (ABCD) is dedicated to enhancing educational and community involvement opportunities to underserved children and families in the Graham Road Elementary School enrollment area located in the Arlington Boulevard corridor of Fairfax, Virginia.
- To provide access to computer services that will assist children in their educational development.
- To support and expand the educational opportunities available to children.
- To make additional sport and community involvement opportunities available for children.
- To expose children to the cultural experiences within the Greater Washington DC area as a means of developing their appreciation of the multi-ethnic environment in which they live.
- To provide citizenship, literacy, and job skills training for adults within the community.
- To assist families in accessing and utilizing appropriate community and government resources.
“Developer John Freeman has transformed Kingsley Commons, a once-dilapidated townhouse complex he owns in the Falls Church area of Fairfax County, into his own tiny utopia. ‘We embrace the idea that families live here with children,’ Freeman says. ‘We’re not just providing housing; we’re providing a community.’”
Click here to read about our founder in the Washington Post!